Thursday, 13 January 2011

My Top 5 'Drugstore' Makeup Products


Today I'm going to share with you my top five 'drugstore' makeup products. These are all products that I either have repurchased or would repurchase in the future, and ones that I do actually use on a regular basis. In general I would have to say I prefer higher end makeup to drugstore makeup, however I do think there are a few 'drugstore' items that are real gems, and I love each of these products.

REVLON Colourstay foundation
.

This is definitley the best drugstore foundation I've ever tried. It's a great full coverage foundation, gives a perfect finish and it really lasts all day on my skin. The only negative is that it doesn't have a pump which does make it really difficult to get the right ammount of product!

Bourjois Delice de Poudre bronzer
.

.
This is a great bronzer, a nice brown shade with just a touch of gold shimmer. It's perfect for enhancing your tan because it gives you a healthy glow and makes you look tanned, not at all orange or muddy looking. I love the packaging too!
 .
Bourjois Rose D'Or blush




I love this! It's such a lovely, shimmery blush, if you like the MAC MSFs and Mineralize blushes, I'd really recommend taking a look at this. It's a pretty rosey pink blush with gold shimmer. You only need a little, to give your cheeks a pretty glow. It's very smooth in consistency and looks absolutely gorgeous on!

L'Oreal Voluminous mascara



Absolutely brilliant! With two coats, this mascara really lengthens and volumises my eyelashes. It's the best mascara I've used to date! I'm on my second or third tube of this and I will definitley buy this mascara over and over and over again.

L'Oreal Glam Shine lipgloss - Coral Strass


This has remained one of my favourite lipglosses for the past few years. It's a pretty pale pinky peach colour, despite the name 'Coral Strass', and has pink and gold shimmer. It's not at all sticky and the shimmer makes your lips look fuller. I usually wear it over a nude or pink lipstick. I love it so much, I've got two more as backups for when mine runs out!
.

17 comments:

  1. Ooh, I really want to try out the Bourjois bronzer and L'oreal mascara because I've heard soo many good things about both! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the L'Oreal mascara as well - far better than Maxfactor's false lash! The Bourjois blusher looks lovely, might try that next...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh I wish we had that blush in the US!! I've been looking for a pink, shimmery blush for a long time! I bet it looks good on you though!

    Please check out my blog! :)
    http://fabulousfinds4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Bourjois blusher isn't that pigmented I wonder why! But I've heard so many good things about that bronzer.. and I don't use my L'oreal Glam Shine often enough! You've inspired me to take it out again :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great faves! I'm going through my Hoola like there's no tomorrow and heard so many good things about that bourjois bronzer I may just pick it up as a daily alternative to my hoola hehe :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard so many good things about that foundation, I might have to buy it now. That bronzer looks nice too xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all great! The Bourjois blush looks SO PRETTY ^_^

    Kisses, Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's my favourite foundation at the moment too and that blush looks amazing in the swatch, I'm definitely going to try that out.

    You have a lovely blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmm this Bourjois Bronzer looks like chocolate! I have L'Oreal Voluminous mascara somewhere in my stash but I yet have to try it.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i wanna try the bourjois blush, looks super gorgeous :D

    i have given you the lovely blog award so check it out at http://sugarrrrheaven.blogspot.com/2011/01/woot-woot-awarrrrrrd.html

    happy blogging!

    xx -crystal

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have the lipgloss in another colour, I prefer yours, I don't wear mine out very often because it's not very 'wearable' x

    http://fashionphotographyobsession.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh I have that lipgloss and adore it! Great post x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been wanting to try that revlon foundation but I'm too worried of breaking out from it and my skin does not need any more break outs :S

    But that blush looks stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That rose blush sure looks lovely!:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wish that revlon would sell their make-up products in my country!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The blush looks lovely! I'll have to try it xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...