Wednesday, 26 January 2011

Too many magazines?


I love reading magazines, and over the past years I've bought many, many magazines. The only thing is, after I read them, instead of throwing them away, I've always kept them so that if I want to re-read pages (usually the makeup and beauty ones) or flick through them again, I can. However, recently it's become a bit of a problem, the magazines have really piled up and started to take over the spare room, so I decided it was about time I had a good sort through them.
.
I flicked through every magazine and tore out any articles or pictures I liked, and then I organised the pages into a folder. Now it's all nicely organised and doesn't take up any room at all. It was actually really satisfying sorting through them, getting rid of all the old magazines, and now the spare room's a lot clearer.
.
Here's the finished result :)



And here's just a few of the magazines I sorted through, ready for for the recycling ;)


12 comments:

  1. That's a cute idea! You probably saved a ton of space. I have a lot of music magazines, but I just keep them all in magazine box holders in my closet; I just can't bear to see them go :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, that is a good idea :) I usually clip out articles and picture I like too and usually put them in my little blogging diary for new looks or things I may want to talk about/see again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh this is such a good idea!! I really need to do this, mine are all stacked under my bed but i can't fit anymore in!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! You must have had a lot of patience going through every magazine!
    Zoe x
    Please take a look at my blog and giveaway, here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i just do it (:

    <3

    http://julia-kopflos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. i do this as well (the riping pages out etc) i have folders on mag pages from when i was 16!!! i am 26 now and boy have my ideas of brilliant makeup changed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The binder with the clear folders is such a good idea! I've been doing the same thing lately, going through tonnes and tonnes of old magazines and cutting out pages or pictures that I like! I've just been keeping the cutouts in a drawer though, so i will definitely do the binder thing! Thanks for sharing this!

    Andrée xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do exactly the same thing! I also tore out all the 'good' stuff', but I still try to keep some of the magazines in storage, because if I flick back through them later on, I always find something I didn't notice the first time ^.^

    Kisses, Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your blog!!

    Thanks for giving me the opportunity to follow you!

    Follow me @ mixedwithlove.blogspot.com

    XO!
    LC

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a good idea I have to do this too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do the same!:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a smart idea! I guess thats what I'm doing this weekend!(;

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...