Tuesday, 31 May 2011

Review: MAC Zoom Lash mascara


I didn't actually purchase this mascara on it's own, I got it in the 'Girl Next Door' Packed to Go kit (only available at airports/duty free stores) which you can see here. I don't really buy high end mascaras, the only ones I've ever tried are Benefit Bad Gal and Lancome Hypnose, which I got given in a gift set for Christmas (it's amazing!) I usually stick to drugstore mascaras, my favourite being L'Oreal Voluminous.

.
All I can say about this mascara is that it really isn't worth the £13.50 that it costs, and I'm so glad that I didn't spend my money on it. The formula is extremely wet, I usually prefer my mascara's once they've dried out a bit anyway, but the formula of this is ridiculous and when applied, it just clumps the lashes together. I've tried wiping the wand before application to remove excess product and combed my lashes through with a clean mascara wand once it's been applied, but nothing makes a difference. The formula is horrible, and very hard to work with.


The only way I can use this mascara is to layer it over another mascara for a bit more volume, but even then care needs to be taken so that my lashes don't end up in a big clumpy mess. The only positive thing I can say about the mascara is it's a dark, true black. That being said, I think it's by far one of the worst mascaras I've tried and once I've used up it up I will definitley not be repurchasing it. 

5 comments:

  1. Omg I hate this mascara with a passion and I'm glad you feel the same way lol. I am trying to use it up, but every time I use it I get so mad - it always gets all over my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate MAC mascaras! They are absolutely awful and slip off the lashes and all sorts. Totally agree with you. Bad gal and lancome are much better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really don't like MAC mascaras much . I cannot get on with the Haute and Naughty one no matter how many times I try! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard anything good about Mac mascaras I don't think I will be buying one anytime soon!x

    ReplyDelete
  5. gross, just scrolling down glancing at pics and scanning the page, I seen that gunk filled wand and was like "wtf?" then seen "horrible formula"! yeah that dont look too pleasant! thanx for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...