Wednesday, 1 June 2011

Review: Babyliss Heated Rollers


So in my latest update post I mentioned how I'd recentley bought a set of Babyliss heated rollers. I'd been wanting to try heated rollers for ages and after seeing they cost £26.80 instead of £35 on Amazon, I couldn't resist and ordered them straight away! The model number of the ones I bought is '3035BU.'


What you get in the set:

1 x Roller case with clear perspex top
8 x Large rollers
6 x Medium rollers
6 x Small rollers
10 x Mini clips
20 x Metal pins
1 x User reference manual

(Left: Small, Medium and Large rollers for size comparison. Right: A selection of the clips and metal pins used to secure the rollers in place)

I usually use either my GHDs or the Babyliss '2285U' curling wand to curl my hair, but because I have extensions, my hair is thick and long and so it takes ages to curl it! I wanted a method that wasn't so time consuming and so much effort, so I couldn't wait to try these.


They're really easy to use. The rollers come in a container which heats them up, so you turn it on and leave them until they've reached the correct heat, there's a dot on one of the rollers which indicates when they're ready as the dot turns white. Once they're ready you simply take a section of hair, the same width as the size roller you're using, and roll the section of hair around the roller, then use one of the clips provided to hold the roller in place. It can be a bit fiddly at first, but you soon get used to the method. I used the large rollers for the top section of my hair and then used a mixture of the small and medium size rollers for the rest.

I left them in my hair for about an hour, while I did my makeup and got ready to go out, then I took each roller out, one by one, starting from the underneath, and sprayed my hair with hairspray.

Here's the finished result..


I'd washed and straightened my hair the day before (you can see what it looked like in this fotd.) The rollers gave it a lot of volume and big, bouncy curls, I actually really liked the finished result. The only thing is my hair doesn't really tend to hold curls very well (probably due to my extensions) and I did find the curls had dropped rather significantly by the afternoon, however this could also be due to the fact that I was desperately in need of some new hairspray and only had a tiny bit left in the can to use!

Here is a picture from when I got home, a few hours later. You can see how the curls have dropped..


I'm so glad I bought this set, I love the result and found it so much easier than sitting down with a curling tong for ages! Next time I use them I'm going to try using more hairspray to see if the curls hold better, however I think this could be a personal issue I have due to the weight of my extensions! I'll definitley continue to use these though :)


29 comments:

  1. I've been thinking of getting rollers for a while. Thanks for the review xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep meaning to try rollers but have never got round to it. These look really good though and at that price worth trying. I think I may have said it before but your hair is stunning - I can't get over how shiny it is! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair looked amazing, super shiny aswell! & your look gorgeous, bit of an odd comment but I wish I had your eyebrows! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zoe: Aww thankyou! :) xxx

    Lisa: Aww thankyou! Mine are all pencil though, I'd rather have your eyebrows any day lol! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hair looked gorgeous even when the curls had dropped! Great review :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow love this look, ive been eyeing these rollers for the longest time but im yet to buy them. Lovely pics, u have great brows and eyes :) x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're making me want some lol! The curls look so nice you, I hate curling tongs as well, they're so tedious!

    Like Lisa said - I love your eyebrows! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hair looks amazing!! I told you u'd like them :-)
    x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow your hair is gorgeous in both pictures! I'm still scared of rollers though... I'm so lazy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i have that one too! but i am so lazy to use it...lol.hope you can check out my blog for some +vibes & inspiration! i am also hosting a rad giveaway, one of a kind Frida Khalo cuff bracelet with an industrial edge! XO

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look lovely as always, curls really suit you! I agree though, curls always fall out a lot easier with extensions. Don't think I'll be getting heated rollers any time soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great review. Your hair is so gorgeous and shiny so jelly! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thankyou so much for your lovely comments! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your hair looks nice hun, I have these rollers too and like you the curl wouldn't hold and I don't wear extensions. Mum came to visit and bought some Setting Lotion with her, it's amazing stuff! Spray before you wind up the hair into the roller. You can get it in Wilkos xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohh definitley going to try that! Thankyou! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your hair looks amazing!!! I feel like my hairs too short for rollers! Are your extensions clip ins or sewn in? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. They came out so well! <3 I have to try this again, the last time I used hot rollers my hair was just a mess, haha. And you're super pretty <3


    http://thedollhousediary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Katie: I have the bond extensions :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. youre gorgeous!

    for some reason you remind me of kate middleton :)

    francescaxdoll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. your hair looks so healthy and shiny! jealous

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really like the look the rollers give. Your hair looks very flowy, and when the curls falls out the hair looks like it has natural waves and texture! Very pretty!

    xO Kristen

    http://thereviewstudio.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like a more fuller bouncy effect, would I just leave them in longer?

    ReplyDelete
  23. So lovely blog!!♥

    Kata

    http://pienikuiskaustuulessa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. OMG, your hair looks sooo amazing :D <3

    ReplyDelete
  25. OMG! Your hair looks so gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thankyou for all your lovely comments! :) xxx

    adoreabubbles: I haven't really had a chance to play around with them that much, but I suppose you could try leaving them in longer or using more of the small and medium rollers to give tighter curls and a bouncier effect :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. great post :)
    if you want we can follow each other?

    XOX Sabrina
    http://msabrinam.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love your hair its gorgeous, I have always wanted to try these rollers but don't think my hair is long enough :-) x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...