Wednesday, 3 August 2011

My Top 5: Blushes



MAC Dollymix - This was actually the first MAC blush I ever bought from the permanent line, and it was featured in my first ever haul on my blog. It's also my favourite blush, out of all the ones I own. In the pan Dollymix looks very bright, but once applied it's gorgeous! It gives the cheeks a lovely pink flush and the shimmer is very fine, just adding a sheen. I tend to reach for Dollymix the most when I've got a bit of a tan.

MAC Margin - This is quite a recent addition to my blush collection, but I love it! It's a unique peachy/golden/bronze shade and warms up my skintone nicely. Margin is a frost finish so has quite a lot of shimmer, which gives the cheeks a nice sheen, meaning you don't need to use a highlighter.

Benefit Coralista - Such a gorgeous coral blush! Coralista is the blush I reach for the most in the Summer. It's a pretty pink-toned coral with lots of gold shimmer, adding a beautiful glow to the cheeks. It's so flattering on. The Benefit powders are quite pricey but they do last ages. I've had this blush for about 2 years or so now, and I've hardly made a dent in it!

Benefit 10 - This is another Benefit boxed powder I've had for for about 2 years (my mum got me this and Coralista together.) On one side of the box there's a pearly pink highlight and on the other there's a shimmery bronze. Sometimes I'll use the light side to highlight and the bronze underneath my cheekbones to give that contoured look, but usually I just mix the two shades together. It gives a lovely, bronzed effect.

Bourjois Rose D'Or - I've talked about this blush before in my 'My Top 5 'Drugstore' Makeup Products' post (here.) It's a pretty, rosey pink with gold shimmer, giving the cheeks a gorgeous glow. I also love the packaging! It's a tiny pot, which makes it perfect to carry around, and there's a little mirror inside. This only costs £7.50 so it's not too expensive either!

(Left to Right: MAC Dollymix, MAC Margin, Benefit Coralista, Bourjois Rose D'Or, Benefit 10.)

16 comments:

  1. Ooooooh I love the look of margin! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i adore coralista! definitely worth the price tag xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coralista is definitely one of my go to blushes, i love dollymix too :)
    http://openboxjewels.blogspot.com/ xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love DollyMix! Thats a lovely shades. These are all very you shades.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the Mac Dollymix, such a pretty colour. x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dollymix and Coralista look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Coralista is absouletely amazing.......!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have heaps of similar favs so I will definitely be checking out the ones I don't own, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love MArgin.. It's a beautiful summer shade.. I wear it on top of my bronzer and i'm good to go!

    ReplyDelete
  10. your eyelashes are gorgeous!

    Danniella

    visit us?

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Coralista by Benefit and i also love the Bourjois Blushers too ! Have you tried the new bronzer from Bourjois ? Its one of my best drugstore products!
    Great post- i cant get enough of blushers!
    Love, Claudia xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Claudia: I love blushes :) Ohh I haven't tried the new Bourjois one actually, I have the 'delice de poudre' bronzer which I love. I'll have to look out for it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Coralista is my fave blush but Margin and Dolly Mix look so pretty too! xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...