Wednesday, 24 August 2011

Review: Estee Lauder Doublewear foundation


'This remarkably lasting, yet lightweight makeup wears comfortably up to 12 hours. Provides a natural finish and sun protection all in one.'


A while ago, around Easter, I visted the Bicester Village outlet and one of the products I purchased in the cco there was the Estee Lauder Doublewear foundation. Doublewear is well-known for being full coverage and long lasting - two claims that I definitely agree with.

The formula of Doublewear is quite runny, but it blends well onto the skin and dries to a matte finish. It's definitely a full coverage foundation and evens out my skin tone, covering imperfections perfectly. My favourite way to apply the foundation is with the Sigma F80 (flat top kabuki) as I've found, when using my fingers to apply Doublewear, it can look a bit cakey and too heavy for my liking. 

A downside to the foundation, is that there is no pump, meaning you have to be careful when pouring out the foundation, to avoid waste!

Doublewear is renowned for being extremely long lasting. I usually always find the need to touch up my makeup during the day, but with this I was extremely pleased to find it still looked intact at the end of the day, with only a touch of blot powder needed on my t-zone.

Conclusion

I can definitely see why people have issues with the foundation feeling too heavy and I much prefer it when applied with a makeup brush. That being said, I love this foundation. I do like the full coverage, and I'm seriously impressed with the lasting power. I don't reach for Doublewear on a day to day basis, I tend to reach for it more if I'm going out for the day or have a long day at work, as I don't have to worry about touch ups. At £26.50 for a 30ml bottle, it's not cheap, but less is definitely more with this foundation, and for the finish, coverage and lasting power, it's worth it in my opinion.



7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review sweetie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanna try this!! Great blog now follwing <3
    xo

    Jenn
    imperfection-isbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, I hate when high end brands don't provide a pump!! If lower end brands can, surely they can, especially for the price. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this foundation, I'm pretty sure the little foundation pump you can get from mac fits on that bottle :) X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really wanted to try this for the more windy colder months!xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love my DW but also only use it occasionally. Agree about the pump too - I'm really worried about pouring too much out everytime I use it...

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so annoying it doesn't have a pump!

    Catherine: Ohh thankyou for the tip :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...