Wednesday, 28 September 2011

Review: The Body Shop Raspberry Body Butter






I've been a fan of the Body Shop body butters for years, and have gone through countless tubs. At the moment I'm using the Raspberry Body butter.

Like all of The Body Shop's body butters, this has a thick, creamy texture which melts on application to the skin. The raspberry body butter is for normal skin types. I find it sinks in really quickly and doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy or sticky.

It has a nice smell, it's not my favourite scent from The Body Shop, but it's pleasant none the less. Obviously it has a raspberry scent but it also has a toffee-like undertone and to me it smells exactly like the Quakers golden syrup porridge oats, which you get in the little sachets!

This does leave my skin feeling nicely moisturised and smooth, but I don't find it as moisturising as some of the other body butters from The Body Shop. This has been perfect for the Summer months, as it's not heavy, absorbs quickly and doesn't leave a greasy feeling, however I'll probably try a different one in the Winter, when my skin's drier, as I don't think this will be moisturising enough. I've enjoyed using this, but although I love The Body Shop body butters, this isn't one I'd repurchase and I much prefer some of the other ones.
.

10 comments:

  1. I love the body butters from The Body Shop. I've never used this one though, so thanks for the wee review :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love body butter, never tried this one but my fav is the body shop cocoa butter one, it smells so so good! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. body butters are my favourite the smells are always delicious.. except i wish they lasted longer cause i use mine all the time lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love body butters but I prefer to use them only in the winter even if I have super dry and eczema-prone skin as they are usually too heavy in the warm weather. I still have to try some of The Body Shop body butters though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my favourite Body Shop Body Butter.. I love the scent.. I also love the coconut and brazil nut.. I love the formula of these body shop butters..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never tried the Raspberry one, so it was great to read about it. Thank you for your super sweet comment on my red lips post :)

    Kisses, Melanie
    Beauty and Bows

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this but i probably wouldn't buy it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colour of this one but ive never tried it. Im a big fan of the body butters... think my fav is the coconut x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love tomoisturize my skin and make it feel really moisturized, soft and smooth ut i have never tried the body shops body butters i maybe will check them out next time i go into the store xx

    my blog : http://ravingbeautyx.blogspot.com/

    Lauren x

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love the body shop =)

    Beautiful Blog btw

    -Mia xo
    http://naturezfinest.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...