Thursday, 29 September 2011

Review: Maybelline One-by-One mascara


'Discover Maybellines new The One-by-One Volum' Express mascara. Up to 4x bigger looking, flirtier lashes. The Lash Catcher brush gives you eye-catching volume, in one clean sweep and makes sure that every lash is captured, coated and de-clumped.'


As mentioned in my last FOTD post, I've been using the Maybelline One-by-One Volum' Express mascara. My all-time favourite mascaras are L'Oreal Voluminous and Lancome Hypnose, but I do like to try new mascaras now and again. I purchased One-by-One in Boots, a while ago, when it was on offer, and I've been using it for about the last two weeks.

Like many of the Maybelline mascaras, the bright coral tube is pretty and eye-catching. The mascara has a rubber brush with lots of short bristles which promises to 'catch, coat and de-clump each lash to make them fatter and flirtier.' I usually prefer the standard mascara brushes, instead of the rubberized ones, and I wansn't ever a fan of mascaras like Define-a-Lash, but there's something about this 'lash-catcher' brush which really seems to work.


Maybelline One-by-One adds length, volume and seperates my lashes. My favourite thing about the mascara is how you can layer it up, to give a more dramatic look to your lashes, with no severe clumping. I usually apply two coats of mascara, but with Maybelline One-by-One, sometimes I apply 3 coats, without the mascara clumping or weighing down my lashes. I've heard a few people say they've had an issue with the mascara flaking, but this is something I haven't found at all, and I hope this won't happen when the formula's dried out a bit more.

Overall, I really like this mascara. It's a brilliant mascara for adding length and seperating lashes, and can be layered to achieve either a natural or a more dramatic look. It hasn't beaten L'Oreal Voluminous or Lancome Hypnose as my favourite mascara, but it's probably the only other mascara I've tried which has come close and I would repurchase it again.

My lashes with 2 coats of Maybelline One-By-One



7 comments:

  1. The mascara looks really great on you Rachel :)

    Kisses, Melanie
    Beauty and Bows

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh your lashes look amazing! I might buy this when I finish my current mascara! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for posting this! such a great review! i always end up hating everything maybelline, but your lashes look wonderful! however, i've been wanting to try hypnose, so i think that will be my next mascara purchase, as i always go back to lancome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this looks great seems like its worth giving a go its given you such length!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review! I've had this unopened at my desk and I was going to give it to my sister but I think I might keep it for myself now LOL! And, I bet I comment the same every tim you show a picture of your eyes but your eyelashes are INSANE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried this mascara a while ago too, I thought it was great at first but then throughout the day I had little black bits under my eyes where it had come off. It was so good at making my lashes look massive though, my sister loves it too. Your lashes look loooong! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe it's just me but the only time I've had a problem with mascara flaking is if it weren't waterproof. The reason I only purchase waterproof mascaras. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...