Thursday, 22 September 2011

September Glossybox


This month I was lucky enough to be sent the September Glossybox to try out. For anyone who doesn't know, Glossybox is a subscription service which costs £12.95 each month, and you receive a box filled with 5 high-end beauty product samples, delivered straight to your door. My mum already subscribes to Glossybox and she's had lots of lovely products in her boxes so I was really looking forward to seeing what I'd receive in mine.


Here's what I received in the September Glossybox:

HD Brows (Eye & Brow palette)
L'Oréal Professionel Mythic Oil
Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse
Plum by Mary Greenwell Eau de parfum
StriVectin SD Eye Concentrate

My favourite item is the HD Brows palette, which is amazing! It contains four different shades which can be used on the brows or as eyeshadows. The powders are very pigmented and blend well. I love the L'Oréal Mythic Oil too, which helps to nourish hair. I'm not really a fan of the perfume sample so I gave that to my mum (who really liked it), along with the eye cream, as that's obviously suited to more mature skintypes. I haven't tried the Nuxe oil yet, but I'm looking forward to trying it as it's a multi-usage oil and can be used on the face, body and hair. (Once I get the chance to try the products more, I'll do reviews on them.)



What I think about Glossybox

I think Glossybox is a great concept, and it allows you to try products, that you might not of otherwise bought. The best part is the anticipation and excitment to see what products you'll receive in your box. Each month you also receive a little note in the box which has details of all the products and most have an offer if you want to purchase the full size product (you can see above) which I think is a brilliant idea. And of course each box is packaged so beautifully with the little Glossybox logo and the products are wrapped in tissue paper and tied with a ribbon.

Instead of subscribing myself, my mum and I are going to start splitting the cost and share out the contents of each month's box, depending on who the products are best suited to/who wants what product. I'm already excited to see what's in the October box!

To find out more about Glossybox, here's their website: http://www.glossybox.co.uk/

11 comments:

  1. We got the same box! Its a great idea to split the costs. I think its a shame that the boxes weren't aimed towards the age of the user though, a lot of the products in this box were given to my mum! Love love love the hair oil and HD brows though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I unsubscribed for this box as I didn't like the price increase but the hd brow kit looks handy!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That hd brows looks awesome! Technically this is twice the cost of U.S.'s birchbox. What a bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw I love the HD eye brow palette too! I am in need to fix my brow everyday it's like one of the makeup routine I can't leave my house with out. Love your glossy box :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I love the contents of your glossybox! you got different stuff to me, mines are ok, but nothing im crazy about or will purchase myself, funnily your products are more suited to me than my box is. Ive been abit lazy and not put my box up yet, but I'll do it soon.

    Raspcherry x

    www.raspcherry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love the glossy box this month! I wish i was in the UK just for this!
    I have the nuxe oil with the gold shimmers and its one of my favourite things!
    I also love the fact that glossybox gives you discounts for the products!!
    So jealous! great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That HD Brow set really makes me wish I had signed up x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really want to try the HD brows xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look so much better than what we get in the Birchbox!

    mainesprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you are enjoying these products and I am looking forward to reading your reviews.:D

    ***** Marie *****
    Freeman Beauty Blogger Kit Giveaway

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...