Monday, 17 October 2011

October Glossybox

.
This morning I was super excited as the October Glossybox was delivered in the post! There's something so exciting about receiving the gorgeous, little pink box full of beauty products, and I couldn't wait to see what was inside!
.
This month's box was entitled 'Six Pack - The Glossybox to end any beauty drought!' This month, Glossybox included a sixth product and a small beauty-related gift to mark their 6 month milestone and to say a special thankyou to all their subscribers.
.

What was in the box:

Dermalogica Age Smart - MultiVitamin Thermafoliant
Dermalogica Age Smart MultiVitamin Power Recover Masque
Leighton Denny 'Sex Kitten' nail polish
Stila 'Moray' Smudge Stick Waterproof Liner
Robert Piguet 'Visa' perfume samples
Dermalogica Age Smart - Renewal Lip Complex
Dermalogica mini beauty bag

.
I was so pleased to see the Dermalogica products included! I've used Dermalogica in the past and have always been so impressed with their products. The three products included are all from the 'AGE Smart' range, which is obviously targeted for mature skintypes. This was a little disappointing, however after a quick internet search, I've actually seen quite a few reviews from younger girls, talking about how much they love the products and how amazing they are, especially the thermafoliant. I do suffer from dry skin in Winter, so I'm definitely going to give these products a go! My lips have been so flakey recentley so I can't wait to try out the 'Renewal Lip Complex.'

The Stila eye liner looks gorgeous! It's a golden/olive shade with lots of shimmer and very creamy in consistensy. It's a twist-up liner too, which I much prefer to the pencils which you have to sharpen. I'm not too sure about the Leighton Denny nail polish I received. Whilst I love the formula and the brushes of Leighton Denny, as I find the polishes just glide onto the nail and they're really easy to paint with, I'm not really a fan of the shade 'Sex Kitten' which is a metallic silvery/blue. I'll try the nail polish, but I don't think it's one I'll get much use out of, so I may end up giving it to a friend. I also received three Robert Piguet perfume samples - 'Visa', 'Fracas' and 'Calypso.' I'm not too keen on 'Fracas' or 'Calypso' but I absolutely love 'Visa' which contains white vineyard peach, violet leaves, bergamont, yellow mandarin, ylang, rose, patchouli, sandalwood, vetiver, moss and vanilla beans.

I'm so happy with the products I received in the October box and this is definitely my favourite box so far! It would of been nice to receive Dermalogica products more suited to my skin type, but after reading up on them, I'm really looking forward to trying these out! I also liked that Glossybox included the Dermalogica 'Renewal Lip Complex' and small beauty bag, as extras in this month's box. It's good to see they really value their customers and it's nice to receive a few extras in the box! I absolutely love the Sila eyeliner and the 'Visa' perfume (which is £65 for a 50ml bottle, so I'm going to try and make it last) and these are my favourites from the box, so far! I think the October box has a good mix of different beauty products and I can't wait to try them all out and do proper reviews on them!
.
To find out more about Glossybox, here's their website: http://www.glossybox.co.uk/
.

6 comments:

  1. This months box looks great, almost makes me wish I was signed up to it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited to get this months box!

    I have awarded you the Versatile bloggers award! Check it out at: http://www.simplecountrygirl.com/2011/10/blog-award-versatile-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Stila liners rock, they are sooo good on the waterline and last so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that nail varnish looks really pretty and metallic xx

    my blog : http://ravingbeautyx.blogspot.com/

    RavingBeautyx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this box looks great, love everything it yours! Incant wait to get home and see mine!! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, I wish they had glossybox in the US...you got some nice items.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...