Sunday, 23 October 2011

Review: Dermalogica Multivitamin Thermafoliant


'A powerful thermal skin polisher that combines physical and chemical exfoliants to refine skin texture and enhance penetration of age-fighting actives into skin, while advanced technology ingredients condition and treat the skin. Contains no artificial fragrance or color.


 .
When I received the Dermalogica Thermafoliant in the October Glossybox, earlier this week, I couldn't wait to try it! The exfoliator is from the 'AGE Smart' range which is tageted at mature skintypes, however, as mentioned in my previous post, after doing a quick internet search and seeing some reviews from younger girls who had used this and loved it, I was eager to give it a go.

The Thermafoliant contains very fine grains which exfoliate and polish your skin. The instructions say that this can be used on damp skin or on dry skin, for a more intense result, then you simply massage it on for 1-2 minutes, in circular motions. I apply it onto damp skin and I do find it feels quite intense, compared to other scrubs I've used. It's not abrasive or uncomfortable on my skin, but it is very gritty and I can definitely feel it scrubbing my skin. Personally, I definitely wouldn't use this on dry skin as I think it would feel too harsh. The scrub is supposed to give a thermal effect but I don't really find this and only experience a slight warm sensation, on initial application. It has a lovely, subtle herbal scent.

After washing the scrub off, my skin feels so soft, smooth and super clean! I was so impressed, I couldn't stop touching my skin! Exfoliating your skin helps to get rid of any build-ups of dead skin cells and helps your skin to absorb moisture and creams more too. I could really feel the effects after using this. I think I'd only use this once or twice a week though, as it is an intense scrub.

For me, the thermafoliant beats any other exfoliator I've used and when I run out of this, I'd definitely consider purchasing the full size. I'm so pleased this was included in this month's Glossybox, as otherwise I doubt I would of tried it!

6 comments:

  1. I love Dermalogica products... I just wish they were more affordable. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh, I really wanna try mine out but last time I tried Dermalogica products I had some sort of reaction, and I never react to anything.. still debating whether to give to my mum or not, although your review makes me not want to! haha
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a big exfoliation fan and haven't tried this before so will put it on my list! I like the fact that it fragrance free too. Great review!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used mine tonight it my skin feels really greasy now :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. i may purchase this because i need a good exfoliater xx


    my blog : http://ravingbeautyx.blogspot.com/

    RavingBeautyx

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for this reviwew v helpful xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...