Thursday, 27 October 2011

Spending my Boots points


This morning I popped to Boots with my mum, just to stock up on some of the essentials. I've been saving my Boots points for a while now, and since I'm still on my spending ban and trying to save money for when I go away in two weeks, I thought I'd treat myself to a little something. I had about £11 worth of points and I was actually going to finally buy the 17 'Beehive' lipstick, but there weren't any left!

But I did buy the Rimmel Sun Shimmer bronzer in 'Medium Shimmer.' I used the Sun Shimmer bronzer all the way throughout secondary school, for years. It was one of those makeup products which everyone seemed to have! I used to love it, but haven't had it in my collection for a few years now, so I'm looking forward to seeing what I think of it now.


(Left to Right: Rimmel 'Medium Shimmer' Sun Shimmer bronzer, Bourjois '52' Delice de Poudre bronzer, Benefit 'Hoola' bronzer)

From initial swatching, the Rimmel bronzer seems to be more orange-toned than most of my bronzers and has a fair ammount of shimmer, although I'm not sure how much of the shimmer will translate onto the skin. I'm looking forward to trying it out, and if it's too shimmery to use all over my face, I think it will look pretty dusted on my cheeks.

9 comments:

  1. I used to love it in school too but since wearing it afterwards i've discovered I look frightfully orange! EEEP! XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rediscovered this a while ago and I fell back in love with it!xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shimmer looks so pretty on the swatch doll!and it's a lil bit more orange than the others,but I'm sure its gonna look lovely on your skin!!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shimmer looks so pretty on the swatch doll!and it's a lil bit more orange than the others,but I'm sure its gonna look lovely on your skin!!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh I've got the Medium Matte in my collection but it's a shade I can only use in the summer so even if I only have the edges done, I'm saving it for the summer or for when I tan :)

    Let us know how the shimmer version is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like the middle swatch best xx

    my blog : http://ravingbeautyx.blogspot.com/

    RavingBeautyx

    ReplyDelete
  7. looking forward to going into boots and swatching this on my hand! Looks really good :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hoola's good because there's no orange pigmentation but this one looks pretty useable! It literally was the secondary school must have haha!x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this bronzer <3

    Great blog :)

    www.sammy-city.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...