Wednesday, 23 November 2011

November Glossybox

.
'The Christmas Gift-Guide: Part 1. The November and December Box are dedicated to helping you know exactly what to put on your wishlist / get as stockingfillers for your loved ones! This box features basic luxuries from new brands and new products from brands that you enjoyed in Glossybox before.'
.
.
What was in the box:

Arbonne Ultra Hydrating Hand Créme
Dead Sea Spa Magik Delicate Boosting Mask
Illamasque Freak Eau De Parfum
Nail Rock Designer Nail Wraps
Philip Kingsley Elasticizer


The Products

The product I'm most excited to try is the Philip Kingsley Elasticizer, which is for broken, damaged hair and promises to 'restore suppleness, elasticity, shine and bounce.' I've been really into hair products recentley, and I'm up for trying anything which will keep my hair in good condition, since I do straighten or curl it daily. I also really like the sound of the Dead Sea Spa Magik 'Delicate Boosting Mask' which is supposed to deeply nourish dry and sensitive skin because, as I've mentioned before, my skin can get quite dry in the Winter. The Arbonne Ultra Hydrating hand créme is the only product I've tried so far. It's got a lovely, silky texture, smells amazing and left my hands feeling soft and smooth.

The two products which excited me the least are the perfume sample and the nail wraps. Like many others, I am a bit tired of receiving perfume samples in the box. It is nice to try out different perfumes but it's not a very exciting product to receive, and perfume samples are so easy to get hold of! This month the sample was of Illamasqua's 'Freak.' I quite like the scent, but to me it smells more like a men's aftershave, so I don't think I'll use it. I do like the leopard print design on the nail wraps I received, but I'm not sure when I'll actually use them, as I'm not really a fan of patterned nails.

Conclusion

Although this box is probably my least favourite, out of the three Glossyboxes I've received so far, overall I am really pleased with the products. I'll probably not use the perfume sample or nail wraps but I do love the Elasticizer, face mask and hand cream, and can't wait to try them out properly! I think it would be nice to receive some more makeup though, as I love the Stila eyeliner which was in the October box! I'm keeping my fingers crossed there might be a makeup item included next month!

Glossybox for Men

Glossybox are also starting 'Glossybox for Men' - a box which will include 7 samples and will be delivered every 3 months. It will include products such as shower gel, shaving foam, deodrants, styling products, serums and fragrances. I signed up my boyfriend as part of his Christmas present! I'm sure he'll love it!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Rachel

    love the blog...I totally agree with your post..jealous of the philip kingsley product...looks very good. wasnt fussed on this months box..hopefully next month will be more make up.

    loved your lashes blog in last shoot..

    cate xx http://catebeautyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou :) It would definitely be nice to get some more makeup items! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachel, Beauty Box in Australia has just joined with Glossybox, so it will be interesting to see if they have the same products. I hope so because all of these look fabulous!

    Kisses, Melanie
    Beauty and Bows

    ReplyDelete
  4. the nail thingies look good xx

    my blog : http://ravingbeautyx.blogspot.com/

    RavingBeautyx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...