Wednesday, 25 January 2012

My Favourites: Face Masks


I love using face maks, and it was actually one of my New Years resolutions to try and use one every week. When I use face maks regularly I see such a difference in my skin and it always looks a lot clearer and healthier. I'm going to share with you some of my favourite face masks which I've been using and loving.


Liz Earle Deep Cleansing mask - £13.25

This mask contains clay and manuka honey. It claims to draw out impurities and excess oil to leave skin balanced, calm and clear. The mask itself is a greyish green and fairly runny in consistency. It applies easily onto the skin and a little goes a long way. I leave the mask on for about 10 minutes until it's completely set and then remove it with warm water and a sponge. After using this, my skin instantly appears brighter and clearer, and with regular use this really helps to combat oiliness and breakouts. I always reach for this mask if I have a break out and feel my skin's in need of a deep cleanse.

Arran Aromatics 'Feel Good Formulas' Sea Mud Face Mask - £8.50

This is also a deep-cleansing mask, containing natural kaolin and essential oils of bergamot and mint. It's fairly thick in consistency and creamy so it glides onto the skin. This is gentle on the skin and has a soothing effect, so would probably be good for sensitive skintypes. Like the Liz Earle mask, I leave this on for 10 minutes until it's set and then remove it with warm water. This has a similar effect to the Liz Earle mask and leaves my skin looking clearer and helps combat oiliness and shine, however it's not as intense as the Liz Earle mask.

Dead Sea Spa Magik Delicate Boosting Mask - £7.70
.

This is one of the products which I received though Glossybox. It's a face mask which claims to nourish, invigorate and revitalize skin. My skin can get quite dry in the Winter months so I do tend to reach for more moisturising products to help hydrate my skin. This mask contains no parabens, is allergan-free and is extremely gentle and soothing on the skin so is perfect for dry and sensitive skintypes. The mask is very creamy and applies easily onto the skin. I leave this on for about 10 to 15 minutes and then remove it, using warm water. The mask also contains tiny particles which gently exfoliate the skin when being removed. After use, my skin appears fresher, healthier and smooth to touch. My skin also feels a lot more moisturised. I'd only use this in the Winter months though as usually my skin is more combination/oily.

.


5 comments:

  1. i dont really use face masks but i want to find a good one xx

    Anyone follow me and i will follow you back xxxx
    @MissLauren____
    Follow me xx

    @MissLauren____
    https://twitter.com/#!/MissLauren____

    http://missslauren.blogspot.com/
    http://ravingbeautyx.blogspot.com/

    Follow me x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh i love face masks- i have tried the dead sea one and i really liked it too- Debenhams stock a lot of their products. They also have a great scalp and body mud which i use as a conditioner for my hair! I really like the Queen Helene Mint Julep Face Mask- but its only available in the USA :( Its a good one for oily skin.
    Hope you have a great week,
    Love Claudia xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Liz Earle Deep Cleansing Mask it's amazing... one tube lasts for ages too xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely loveeeee the Liz Earle Deep Cleansing Mask!! It's my absolute favourite! I do want to try some of Origins face masks though since I seem to love everything else of theirs I've tried :)

    Gem x
    www.feminine-edge.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't tried any of these, I have a whole bunch of cheapies. I have been using them at least once a week since winter started and my face is loving it. I'll have to try one of these out

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...