Thursday, 26 January 2012

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils


I've heard a lot about the NYX jumbo eye pencils and always wanted to try them, but NYX isn't a brand which is widely available in the UK and I'd just never gotten round to purchasing any, so when my mum gave me three as part of my Christmas present, needless to say, I was very excited.


The three shades I received are:

 Yoghurt - a shimmering pale pink/champagne which looks gorgeous as an inner corner highlight.

French Fries - a metallic golden bronze which reminds me of Urban Decay's 'Smog' eyeshadow.

Slate - a dark, slate grey, perfect for a smokey eye or smudged under the lower lashline as a liner.

(Left to Right: Yoghurt, French Fries, Slate)
.
I love these jumbo eye pencils! They're soft and creamy in consistency, blend well, and have good lasting-power, although I do find they can crease quite easily. My favourite shade by far is 'Yoghurt' which I use, almost daily, as an inner corner highlight. It brightens up my eyes nicely, instantly making me look more awake. It's become a makeup bag staple!

My mum bought these from love-makeup.co.uk and they cost £4.50 each.

Let me know your favourite shades, I definitely want to get some more!

13 comments:

  1. These look stunning! I want Yoghurt! The pencil, not actual yoghurt!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish they were more easy to get a hold of! I only have Milk, great for brightening up the eye or using as a base for other shadows x

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely colours xx

    Anyone follow me and i will follow you back xxxx
    @MissLauren____
    Follow me xx

    @MissLauren____
    https://twitter.com/#!/MissLauren____

    http://missslauren.blogspot.com/
    http://ravingbeautyx.blogspot.com/

    Follow me x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pick up Rust, if you can! It's a brownish-plummy red and looks amazing with blue or green eyes <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these colours! I never really dare to experiment with the big crayons, as I'm not 100% on how you actually use them as they're so big!

    www.justmejustsam.blogspot.com

    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love NYX jumbo pencils! My fave is Milk and dark brown~I could get u a couple of these if you;re interested in a swap:


    http://www.shellzdoll.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look great, I wish we could get them in shops
    Carissa xx

    Vanilla Crush Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful shades! I also like Milk, Purple Velvet, Electric Blue, Baby Blue and Rocky Mountain Green.

    www.lipstickonyourpillow.blogspot.com

    P.S.: I'm having a SEPHORA giveaway these days, in case you want to enter it, kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  9. these look lovely, never tried jumbo pencils, are they easy to use?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have milk and I love it. I'm also using it for brightening the eye or as a base. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those colours all look lovely. I have Milk and use it as a base under light eye shadow. they do need blending in the crease though. There's a seller on eBay 'Joys Cosmetics' shes based in the US but sells 4 (you pick colours) for £10.40(ish) incl P&P. I bought lipsticks from her, only took a week to come xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kelly Marie: They are really easy to use - they're really pigmented and blend well xxx

    Thankyou for all the suggestion! I'm definitely going to have a look at getting a few more shades :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooh yoghurt looks gorgeous! like the others, i've heard milk is a really nice one too! :) I really want some nyx products, i wish they were easier to get in the uk though.. will have to check out love makeup! xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...