Wednesday, 11 January 2012

Review: The Body Shop Almond Body Butter

.


I've mentioned before that I'm a big fan of The Body Shop's body butters and have previously reviewed the Raspberry body butter.

The Almond body butter is for Normal/ Dry skin types. It's very rich and has a thick, creamy texture which melts on contact with the skin. I find the Almond body butter takes longer to soak in than other body butters, probably because it's targetted for dryer skintypes and so is a richer cream. It does leave my skin feeling greasy for a while so I only use it in the evenings before bedtime, to give it time to really soak in. It has a nutty, almond scent which is pleasant and not over-powering, although it's not my favourite scent.

This leaves my skin feeling incredibly moisturised and soft. It's very rich compared to the Raspberry body butter, which is a lot lighter and soaks in quickly, so it is perfect for use in the Winter months, when skin usually gets drier. My skin always tends to be in need of a bit more moisturising in Winter and this has really helped my skin stay smooth and soft. I'm enjoying using the Almond body butter and would repurchase it for use in the Winter months.
.

12 comments:

  1. This one, and the shea butter one are my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love The Body Shop body butters, nice post! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The body shop body butter are my favourite! exp the peach one it smells good enough to eat, id definatly recomend trying.

    Great post.

    Check out my fashion/beauty blog.
    http://xfruitytooty.blogspot.com/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovelovelove body shop body butter. This one smells so nice ♥
    Carissa xx

    Vanilla Crush Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Body Butters, but your right they are very rich and thick. I also save them for night time application haha x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the almond butter handcream and it is just gorgeous! So I have no doubt that this will be just as nommy!

    Is it bad I really want this?

    dp
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Body shop body butters are amaazing :) This post has made me wanna go out & try this one :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the body shop butters, never tried this one! Think I will though :)
    egtx3.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got this for Christmas and I love the smell of it! The cocoa butter one is my all time favourite xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. i have never tried this before but i want to xx

    my blog : http://ravingbeautyx.blogspot.com/

    RavingBeautyx

    ReplyDelete
  11. mmm, rich and nutty is my fave type of scent :D i'll have to give it a hearty sniff! lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this body butter! Its my fav!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...