Friday, 27 January 2012

Review: YSL Faux Cils mascara


'An intense look in a single stroke with our must-have industry leading mascara. Yves Saint Laurent Volume Effet Faux Cils Luxurious Mascara's secret: the triple-film complex. A coating film for intensity, a conditioning film for curve, a fixing film for long-lasting effectiveness. Even the brush applicator combines nylon fibers of varying diameters for volume enhancement as never before.'
.
 .
Faux Cils isn't the cheapest mascara at £23 a tube, but I purchased mine from cheapsmells.com during a YSL sale and so I think it cost me around £12. The mascara comes in the signature YSL mirrored gold packaging which, as with all YSL products, looks luxurious and chic.

It has a standard mascara brush with lots of bristles, which is typically my favourite type of brush. I find it coats all my lashes well. With a single coat, Faux Cils adds drama, length and volume to my lashes, although I like to apply two coats. I've had so many people asking me if I'm wearing false lashes with Faux Cils! It definitely gives that dramatic, false lash effect!

The only negative I've found with this mascara is, whilst it was fine for the first three weeks of use, after that it became very dry and seemed to flake and clump on application to my lashes, making it very hard to work with! I'm not sure if I just got a dodgy tube which dried out too fast, but I do have another tube which I received for Christmas so I'll soon find out! I found this so annoying, as for an expensive, high-end mascara I'd expect it to last a few months before drying out!

I'm in two-minds about Faux Cils. I absolutely loved the dramatic, false lash effect it gave my lashes when I first used it, but I'm disappointed at how quickly it seemed to dry out. I'll be interested to see how the second tube compares, as if I was just unlucky with the first tube, I'd definitely repurchase this mascara. I will update you all once I've tested the second tube, fingers crossed!



My lashes with 2 coats of Faux Cils.


14 comments:

  1. I love this mascara but like you said...dries up so easily x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing on your lashes, and what a bargain price. Never used a YSL mascara before, the price puts me off abit ill have to keep a sneeky eye out for sales x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried this, I have been wanting to for ages but worried that it will dry up quickly and be a waste! It looks like it does a great job though
    Carissa xx

    Vanilla Crush Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, the effect is totally jaw-dropping! Bummer it dries out so quickly. I had a sample of this and found the sample dried out but I didn't realize it was due to the formula...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, the effect is totally jaw-dropping! Bummer it dries out so quickly. I had a sample of this and found the sample dried out but I didn't realize it was due to the formula...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am SOOO after this now, it looks fantastic on your gorgeous eyes! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought this mascara for my mum before and used it every time I had a chance, brilliant mascara ! xx

    clayandbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ive heard such good things about this mascara! Fingers crossed the second tube is better!
    x George
    frecklie.blogspot.com - dont forget to enter my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! the effect is amazing!!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your lashes xx

    Anyone follow me and i will follow you back xxxx
    @MissLauren____
    Follow me xx

    @MissLauren____
    https://twitter.com/#!/MissLauren____

    http://missslauren.blogspot.com/
    http://ravingbeautyx.blogspot.com/

    Follow me x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks so good, it's so disappointing that it dries out so quickly! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have the most amazing eyes! I've bought this before and it done the exact same thing - dried out so quickly!

    P.s, I have nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award! I hope you post your responses!

    XO,
    Pauline

    http://instinctofstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had the same problem too! First few weeks, the mascara works great. I just loved how it lengthened my lashes and how thick it look, but then after that the the mascara started to clump so bad! I had trouble even putting the wand back in the tube cus how much access it has! :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, this mascara looks amazing on you! I totally hated it on me, it didn't provide any length or volume and it dried up so quickly, what a waste of money! I must be the only girl that didn't have any luck with this mascara ):

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...