Sunday, 19 February 2012

Review: Babyliss 2285U Curling Wand

.
'This sassy styler is simply brilliant - it's no wonder that the BaByliss Curling Wand is such a huge hit with hairdressers. There's no clamp to fiddle with; just wrap your hair around the barrel for a few seconds and voila! Beautiful, modern curls will be yours - without any annoying kinks. The BaByliss Curling Wand's secret styling weapon is its nano-gold ceramic conical barrel. It helps to create free-flowing curls with a silky, shiny and sexy finish.'



.
The Babyliss curling wand has a 13-25mm conical barrel. It also has four different temperature settings, with a maximum of 200˚c.This allows you to select the appropriate heat setting for your hair type. It heats up quickly, in just 30 seconds. There is a heat indicator which flashes while heating up, to let you know when the wand is at the correct temperature and ready for use. I would definitely advise using the heat protectant glove, which the wand comes with, for the first few times of use until you get used to handling it ,as it does get very hot. The black tip at the end of the wand stays cool, which makes handling the wand easier, and there's a heat-rest integrated into the handle which is a nice touch as it stops the barrel from resting on surfaces.
.
The barrel is tapered so you can use the wider part of the wand for looser curls or the tip of the wand for tighter curls, depending on your preference. This is a conical wand so doesn't have a clamp to hold your hair in place. You simply take a section of your hair, wrap it around the wand and release it after 5-10 seconds. It's extremely easy to use, although may take a bit of getting used to, at first. You do have to be careful not to knock the on/off switch when using this, although this depends on how you hold the wand so may not be a problem for everyone. The wand has a swivel cord so you can easily turn the wand, without it getting caught.
.
I love this curling wand! It has easy-to-use features,and extra touches like the heat-rest handle and heat-protectant glove make this wand a pleasure to use. It creates soft, beachy waves, and I actually find, with a touch of hairspray, they last really well in my hair. This doesn't give you 'ringlet-type' curls but more of a soft, natural, wavy curl, a la Lauren Conrad.
.
.

15 comments:

  1. Your hair reminds me so much of Lauren Conrad's hairstyle ! I might have to go and get myself one now ! xx

    clayandbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this makes gorgeous waves through your hair. Not ringlet like at all! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this myself and love it, it gives such flattering curls. x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice Hairs!


    Following u and hope u follow back!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. The outcome is gorgeous! I love!
    Have a look at my new updated blog?

    vivalashoes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful curls, I have this too, it gets soooo hot! Burnt my neck a couple of times xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hair looks lovely! I really want to try this wand out
    Carissa xx

    Vanilla Crush Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I love the effect! Can I ask what product/serum you use? Your hair is unbelievably glossy!
    Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou :) I usually use a little of the L'Oreal Mythic Oil to smooth my hair or the Aveda Brilliant shine spray xxx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...