Thursday, 9 February 2012

Review: MAC Face and Body foundation


'A water-based, water-resistant foundation that provides natural coverage for face and/or body. Ideal for all skin types. Face and Body Foundation provides sheer, natural looking coverage in an easy to blend formula. Available in a wide range of colours. Contains several emollients to help moisturise and condition the skin. It delivers professional looking results that meet the exacting standards of beauty photography and is ideal for perfecting the face and body.'
.
 .
Celebrities including Frankie Sandford and Cheryl Cole are rumoured to be fans of the Face and Body foundation, as well as many professional makeup artists. The foundation comes in a 120ml, plastic bottle, which you squeeze to distribute the foundation through the nozzle.

F&B is extremely thin and watery in consistency, which can take a bit of getting used to. When I apply F&B with a brush, I've found it doesn't apply as smoothly and is more difficult to blend, so I like apply it with my fingers. It takes about 10 seconds for the foundation to dry. Once dried, I like to smooth my fingers over my face, just to make sure the foundation is fully blended and there are no streaks.

F&B feels very light on the skin and makes skin appear healthier, more radiant and looks extremely natural. It's very sheer coverage but buildable. I nearly always take mine on holidays with me in the Summer, as it looks so natural on and gives skin a healthy glow, without feeling or looking heavy. I also like to mix mine in with other foundations to give them a more dewy effect.

Something which really impressed me with this foundation, is the lasting power. I'd always assumed lighter, dewy foundations wouldn't last as long on the skin, but F&B proved me wrong and after 7-8 hours of wear, it manages to look almost perfect with just a touch of blot powder applied during the day.

I love Face and Body! I think it would be perfect for anyone who doesn't like heavy foundations as it looks and feels so natural on and gives the skin a gorgeous luminosity. It also photographs well and doesn't give the dreaded 'flashback' so is perfect to use for special occassions, when lots of photos will be taken. The watery consistency does take a bit of getting used to and you need to take care to make sure it's blended properly, but the end results are more than worth it. It's not a foundation I reach for on an everyday-basis but it's my foundation of choice when I want a lighter, dewy look. I've even repurchased another bottle recently as my first bottle was running low!


(Left: MAC Studio Fix Fluid. Right: MAC Face and Body)
.
MAC Face and Body costs £25.50

 

9 comments:

  1. I love face and body!!! I use it on my legs for nights out as my legs can get quite blotchy when it's cold and it really makes them look better without looking like I actually have makeup on them!

    Gem x
    www.feminine-edge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might try that, I've never tried it on my body. Thanks for the tip :) xx

      Delete
  2. Great review, very useful especially the comparison swatches ! xx

    clayandbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for doing this review! you've made me really want it now though, and I've spent far too much lately as it is haha.. it sounds like such a perfect foundation for summer though, and it definitely seems worth the money considering how huge the bottle is! this is definitely going on my wishlist now! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What are the Sade's in the photo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Studio Fix Fluid - NC35 & Face & Body - C4 xx

      Delete
  5. I've never used this, mainly as I prefer to use tinted moisturisers if I only want a light coverage, but this looks like a good alternative.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a great review love. Im now considering checking this out.

      great post hun!

      My fashion/beauty blog.
      http://xfruitytooty.blogspot.com/

      xxx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...