Thursday, 15 March 2012

My Top 5: MAC Eyeshadows

.
...
Nylon - My favourite highlight shade. Nylon is a frosty, golden white eyshadow. It works well as a highlight for the inner corner and brow bone, paired with either a neutral or smokey eye.

Retrospeck - This is one one of the first MAC eyeshadows I purchased. It's a pale, shimmering gold which looks lovely all over the lid or as a highlight. It's not as pigmented as other MAC eyeshadows but gives a nice wash of colour.

All That Glitters - A cult favourite, All That Glitters is a peachy, neutral shade which looks lovely worn all over the lid, paired with other shades or worn alone. 'Naked Lunch' is a good alternative if you don't like the peachy undertones - I like to alternate between the two.

Woodwinked - This is probably my favourite, most-used eyeshadow. It's a gorgeous, golden shade and has orange undertones, so it really compliments blue eyes. I usually wear it in the crease with either 'All That Glitters' or 'Naked Lunch' on the lid. It's buttery smooth and blends well as it's a veluxe pearl finish.

Contrast - This is one of my newest MAC eyeshadows which I received as a birthday present. It's also the only eyeshadow in my 'Top 5' that isn't a neutral shade. Contrast is a dark, navy blue with grey undertones, which makes a nice alternative to a grey smokey eye.

(Left to Right: Nylon, Retrospeck, All That Glitters, Woodwinked, Contrast)
.

13 comments:

  1. Retrospeck is my fave, adore it to bits

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I really do love mixing all that glitters and wood winked, favourite look at the moment :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous eyeshadows! I have Retrospeck, All That Glitters and Woodwinked and I love them :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted to try woodwinked. I swear before 2012 draws to a close Woodwicked will be MINE.Such a stunning brown eyeshadow shade. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooh nice choice, I have all of these except retrpspeck, unless its one of the shades im using in my palette without knowing the name, i will investigate my palette and if i dont have it then I'll have to get it,
    Great post x

    Raspcherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely colours!!
    xo

    http://bohemianxoxo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have Mac e/s in Woodwinked, but i haven't wear this enough to love it just yet.You should try sable! I think that would suit very much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I'm karen www.blogmodak.blogspot.com of the blog and i love your blog.
    These colors are beautiful .... loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. my fave has got to be Woodwinked :)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty colors. I own all that glitters and really like it a lot. I think I need to add nylon, retrospeck, and woodwinked to my collection. I'm more of a neutral girl.

    http://makeupbybrandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. i like these earthy shades, i like the look of retrospeck

    blog.yipiii.co.uk/fashion/

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are all gorgeous :) i really want retrospeck and woodwinked though! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just awarded you with a blog award: http://makeupbybrandy.blogspot.com/2012/03/blogger-appreciation-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...