Thursday, 31 May 2012

Review: Bobbi Brown 'Espresso Ink' Gel Liner


This award-winning liner gives you the look of liquid liner with the ease & feel of a gel formula. Long-wearing, water-resistant colour glides on and let's you get it just right before it dries - then stays without a smear or crease.







The Long Wear Gel Liners have won many awards including Best Liquid/Gel Eyeliner from InStyle Best Beauty Buys 2012 and they are one of Bobbi Brown's best-selling products. My mum has been using the gel liners for years now and after stealing borrowing hers now and again, I was so pleased when my boyfriend bought me my own little pot for Christmas.

The gel liners cost £16.50 each and come packaged in a 3g glass pot with a screw top lid. I have the shade 'Espresso Ink' which is a dark brown/black- perfect for everyday wear as it's less harsh than a black liner. I also have the Ultra Fine Eyeliner Brush which I use for application. These usually cost £21 but my mum kindly gave me her spare one.

I'd never used a gel liner before this, but it's actually very easy to apply. You only need to use a small amount of product on the brush as the liner is very pigmented. It's so creamy in consistency and applies smoothly onto the eyelid. Once dry, the liner stays put for the day and doesn't budge, which is perfect as I usually find my eyeliner fades throughout the day.

The only negative with this product is that is does dry out. I've had mine for 5/6 months now and the liner has started to dry out around the edges, meaning it doesn't apply as smoothly anymore. It's definitely a product you need to use regularly, for it to be worth purchasing.

I love my Bobbi Brown Gel Liner and use it almost everyday to line my upper lashline. It applies smoothly and lasts throughout the day so you don't need to worry about touch-ups. There are a whole range of different shades available and I'd love to try some of the other shades but you do need to be wary about them drying out, so use them regularly to get your money's worth.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the review. Eye liner is such an important one too, there are so many that can go so wrong!
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. This liner sounds fab but not sure I would pay that much since I sometimes forget to use gel liner :( xx

    butterfleyesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this gel liner is meant to be the best but have never got round to forking out for it as some drugstore liners are so good!xx
    Samantha's Secret

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...