Tuesday, 8 May 2012

Review: Fake Bake 60 Minutes Fake Tan


'With time a luxury and beauty always essential, Fake Bake have devised a revolutionary rapid self-tan liquid which develops to a golden glow within 60 minutes. Fake Bake’s exclusive DHA and erythrulosecomplex (patent pending) creates an advanced tanning product, containing powerful antioxidants for skin health and boosting moisture in the skin barrier.

This complex offers 3 stages of tanning in a singular application. Stage one: 60 minutes tan is a beautiful golden tan, Stage two: after two hours creates a bronzed tan, Stage three: after three hours is the dark tan. The tanning processes can be stopped at any stage by quickly rinsing the skin with warm water. The water rinse triggers the proper stage of development. The simple process creates a unique and ultimate tan that has never been simpler. Fast drying, lightweight, non-sticky, rapid results, easy application, paraben free, colour guide, and streak free directions.'


The Fake Bake 60 Minutes tan is a new addition to the Fake Bake line. It contains the tanning agents – dihydroxyacetone and erythulose, which are activated upon contact with the skin and accelerators, which speed up the development time so that a golden glow can be achieved in just an hour.

60 Minutes is packaged in a 236ml bottle with a spray nozzle. It is a liquid tan, which can be messier to apply than a lotion. The spray nozzle works really well to distribute the product and makes application easy and mess-free. The tan also comes with a pair of gloves and a tanning mitt for application. I don't really like to use tanning mitts as I feel they always soak up too much tan, wasting product. To apply 60 Minutes, I wear gloves, spray the tan directly onto my skin and rub it in with my hands. 60 Minutes is really easy to apply - it's tinted so you can see where you've applied the tan, it rubs in well and dries after just a few minutes. It's very light-weight and doesn't feel sticky on the skin. I usually apply it to my whole body, wait a few minutes and then apply another layer to intensify the tan. The scent doesn't bother me - I actually think it smells quite nice for a fake tan.

60 Minutes contains tan accelerators and claims 'a golden glow can be achieved in just an hour.' If you want a darker tan, you can leave it on for up to 3 hours but Fake Bake don't recommend leaving it on for longer than this ammount of time. I've tried leaving the tan on for 1 hour, 3 hours and overnight.

1 hour - I'm left with a light, golden glow - too subtle for my liking as I prefer a darker tan but this could be perfect for those wanting to achieve a light, natural tan.

 3 hours - This gives a nice, natural-looking, golden tan. This is the perfect everyday tan - noticeable but not too dark.

Overnight - Fake Bake don't recommend this, but leaving it on overnight gives me a gorgeous, dark, golden tan, which rivals the result of a Fake Bake spray tan. I tend to leave it on overnight if I've got a special event or night out as it gives you a nice, deep tan in just one application. You can see the results from leaving the tan on overnight in the photos below and in my latest OOTN post HERE.
.

(Results after leaving 60 Minutes on overnight. 8-9 hours)

My thoughts

My favourite thing about 60 Minutes, is that you can choose the kind of tan you want and control the results - this means it would be suitable for practically everyone. If you usually find yourself having to reapply your usual fake tan to achieve a dark tan, this would be brilliant as you simply leave it on for longer - there's no need to reapply. It's also the perfect solution for anyone who doesn't like to sleep with fake tan on or if you're short on time and need a quick-fix, as it works in just a few hours. 60 Minutes is easy to apply and leaves you with a gorgeous, natural tan. It lasts well on me and I usually get 5-6 days out of it before I need to exfoliate and reapply. 

60 Minutes has rapidly become one of my favourite, most-used fake tans. It's definitely one that I'll repurchase and I'd highly recommend it!

Fake Bake 60 Minutes Tan is still a fairly new product but can be purchased from the Fake Bake website for £24.95 or Selfridges for £20 and is available in various other shops and salons.

10 comments:

  1. Love the sound of this and the colours gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really good, I might have to check it out :)

    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds amazing. I already have Fake Bake Flawless (The spray) and love it. Thanks for the review : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post :) xx

    butterfleyesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This seems to be perfect. I tried so many tanning stuff but I don't like the smell of those products, and because I take so many showers it just doesn't work :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice darling! Check my blog and...maybe you wanna folloow each other? kisses from Romania ;)

    FashionSpot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Post! I just bought it there after seeing the colour on your arms - my perfect shade!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My local salon has just gotten this in as a spray tan solution, so excited to give it a try!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...