Thursday, 3 May 2012

Review: StriVectin-SD Eye Concentrate


'New StriVectin-SD Eye is now formulated with our proprietary complex of 7.5% NIA-114 & Peptides Actives to improve the appearance of fine lines and crow's feet in just 2-8 weeks. And even better, results keep improving over time, if you keep using our products twice a day.'
.
.
I received a 7ml tube of the StriVectin-SD Eye Concentrate in the September Glossybox, last year. At first I wasn't sure if I'd even use it, as it is specifically designed for 'wrinkles' and is obviously targeted for mature skintypes, however my under-eye area can get quite dry and so this year, using an eye cream has become a staple step in my skincare routine.

The eye cream claims to fight 'eye wrinkles, lines, dark circles and puffiness.' My under-eye area can be dry and I occasionally suffer from dark circles, especially if I don't get enough sleep, but I don't have wrinkles so can't comment on how the eye cream effects them.

The eye cream is usually packaged in a 30ml tube - easy to use and more hygenic than a tub where you have to scoop the product out with your fingers. I apply a small ammount of the cream to my under-eye area using my ring finger, morning and night. When I apply it in the morning, I usually find it best to wait a few minutes for the cream to sink in, before applying my makeup.

I've been using the eye cream, twice a day, for the last 2-3 months and I have to say, I have noticed a huge difference. My under-eye area looks brighter, the skin is a lot smoother and more hydrated and my under-eye concealer doesn't cake or settle like it used too. Using an eye cream is important at any age, as the eye-area is one of the first places to show signs of ageing - prevention is better than cure.

I've actually almost finished mine now so was thinking about purchasing another tube, however at £49 for 30ml of product, I simply cannot justify purchasing it. Maybe in a few years time when I really need to start worrying about lines and wrinkles but for now I definitely need to find a cheaper alternative so I think I'll pop down to Boots instead - any recommendations would be appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...