Sunday, 22 July 2012

Review: Liz Earle Gentle Face Exfoliator


'Problem: blocked pores, blackheads, congested or flaky skin. Solution: gently exfoliate to buff away dead skin cells and impurities for smoother, clearer skin. Containing purifying eucalyptus, softening cocoa butter and fine jojoba beads.'
.

.
Liz Earle's Gentle Face Exfoliator is packaged in a 70ml bottle with a pump, which allows you to easily control the ammount of product dispersed, avoiding waste.

The exfoliator is a thick, creamy paste and has an extremely pleasant, subtle, minty scent. It contains purifying eucalyptus, softening cocoa butter and fine jojoba beads. When massaged onto the skin, the jojoba beads gently buff the skin - the beads are noticeable but very subtle and gentle. The exfoliator feels soothing and refreshing, thanks to the eucalyptus. Liz Earle recommend concentrating use on the forehead, nose, chin and jawline and then rinsing off with warm water.

After rinsing this off, my skin does feel lovely and smooth. The only problem I have with this is that, as the beads are very fine, they can be hard to completely wash off. I often find the beads have collected in my eyebrows and hairline when I go to apply my moisturiser! I now tend to use a muslin cloth once I've rinsed off the exfoliator to ensure the beads are thoroughly removed. I usually use this 2-3 times a week as it is very gentle. Liz Earle say 'use as often as needed.'

Would I repurchase? Probably not. I do really like this exfoliator and it does leave my skin feeling lovely and smooth. Also at £13.50 it's not too expensive. However I find it too time-consuming to use as the beads are difficult to rinse off and I think it may be a little too subtle and gentle for my liking. I'll continue to use this and finish it, but I think I have other exfoliators which I prefer and which suit my skin more.

4 comments:

  1. I really like this scrub but only in the winter, I agree the beads are difficult to wash off which is why I only use it in the shower! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you and holly - the beads can be a pain to get off but I like that the beads are small so they are not too rough on my skin. I hear the St Ives scrub is quite good :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh thanks for the recommendation :) xxx

      Delete
  3. Great Post! Check out my blog www.nessa-mae.blogspot.co.uk , I post random posts, including fashion, tv, music & books etc and I ALWAYS follow back, so follow me if you like on Bloglovin and GFC :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...